Thursday, April 14, 2011

My visit to Ferragmo

My big meeting with the Director of  the Ferragmo Museum was today. I forgot tell you it was rescheduled from the 12th to the 14th. I left my classes at 1:15pm so that I could head home, leaving me plenty of time to get dressed. I did a lot of research on Mrs. Ricci, so that I was prepared to ask her questions if the time permitted.

I walked out of the house with my best attire on. A bit flustered, I walked in the wrong direction and had to turn around. My appointment scheduled for 3:00pm, at that point was 7 minutes away. I’m breaking a sweat to Ferrgamo as quickly as I can.

Finally after 5 minutes I arrive. “ Mrs. Ricci please?” I kindly ask.
“Hello mad’am. You must go up to the left to the first floor.”
I arrive and two very nice individuals greet me.
“Hello, I have a meeting with Mrs. Ricci.” I said in my most polite voice.
“ I am sorry but Mrs. Ricci had to take an unexpected trip to London today, but her assistant will be right with you.”

Surprisingly, I did not get angry or sad at all. It was an honor to even have the opportunity to step foot on the First floor of the Ferragamo headquarters.

Off I went with Ms. Paola. She works in the Marketing department at the Ferragamo Museum. Ms. Paola has been working at Ferragamo since 1992. She absolutely loves her job, and is happy to be a part of such an establishment. Mira is the other young lady who also came alongside Ms. Paola to give me a tour of the office.

The office was unbelievable. If you don’t already know this about me, I have a weird obsession with shoes.  As I walk into the office, on the table sat the real shoes hand made by Mr. Ferrogamo himself. They were slightly covered, but I was able to sneak a peak under the transparent sheet. I was told that those were the shoes that would be showcased in the next exhibition. Mrs. Ricci is in charge of selecting which shoes/collections will be presented in the exhibitions, however Mrs. Ferragamo has much of the final say on everything.
I stayed a while and conversed with Mrs. Paola about my future goals. She had espresso and aqua sent up to us, as we spoke. I felt like a queen. She let me look out at the beautiful view from her office.

After already missing two classes, I decided it was time for us to part ways. Mrs. Paola and I exchanged contact information and she assured that she would reschedule my meeting with Mrs. Ricci.


Ciao,
Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment