Thursday, February 3, 2011

Italian Fashion



What an amazing day. God is truly watching over me because my days get better and better. Today I had my first day of Italian Fashion class and absolutely loved it. I know I sound like a grade school nerd beginning  their first day of school, but seriously I haven’t felt this way about class in a very long time. I learned about all of the Italian fashion pioneers. From Salvatore Ferragamo to Roberto Cavalli, all very different artisans with very similar upbringings and struggles.





I found it quite incredible how the Italian fashion designers incorporate all forms of art in their collections and shows. Roberto Cavalli is Florentine and takes great pride in his city. The art and architecture in Florence really inspires him and is reflected in his collections and stores.

It completely blew me away to learn that most of the designers come from very humble beginnings and worked their way up to where they are now. I admire the fact that most of the businesses in Italy are family ran. This is a concept I would love for Americans to adopt.



Enough for today though. Long story short, I love my Italian Fashion class,
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment