Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Italian Food (Mangiare)



Fried chicken, sweet potatoes, and collard greens, is what I won’t be having for Sunday dinner. It’s only been about a month here and I am already a bit tired of eating pizza, risotto, and or pasta every day. I know you’re probably thinking “ there has got to be more to eat then pizza, rice and pasta” well yeah, and salami, however I don’t eat red meat.  I'm joking, but I do miss American food, and I must admit , the pasta , well everything here, is very organic and fresh. 




Most of the restaurants serve 3 courses so allot about 3 hours for your typical Tuscan meal.
 I’ve noticed that Italians take their time with everything. They eat very slowly, and when they walk, they like to enjoy the scenery and coast. Me on the other hand, if I’m hungry, the meal is gone in 60 seconds, and being at Howard, I was always taught to walk with a purpose, so I’m nearly racing back to my apartment every night. I had to slow down though, I could tell by some of the looks I was being judged by my rather fast pace.

Any who, I’m done for the night.





Ciao bella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment