Friday, February 18, 2011

My relationship........

(refer to title of entry) …….with nature.

One of the best gifts I received before traveling to Florence, Italy was my camera. It has allowed me to capture some of the best sculptures, window displays,  art, and architecture. My relationship with nature has become a lot stronger since I’ve had it. I am not sure if it is the camera that is completely responsible for this, or my photography professor, but when I was in America, I never thought  twice about going to a garden and taking photos.

Today, my photography class took a trip to the Boboli Gardens in Piazza Pitti (Pitti Palace). The Boboli Gardens were purchased by Eleonora, the wife of Cosimo I de’ Medici. Ones social status was a big deal in the 1500’s, so the Medici family did their best in order to extravagantly express their wealth. The Boboli Gardens was just one of many representations of their fortune.
60% of the world’s most famous artwork is in Italy with 1/3 of it being in Florence. Here are a few shots I took at the Boboli Gardens.















No comments:

Post a Comment