Tuesday, February 1, 2011

La Dolce Vita-- The Sweet Life!

CIAO ragazzi,

 I'm finally situated in Florence, Italy. What a heck of a transition it's been coming from Georgia Avenue to London England, to Siena Italy, and finally to Florence. Let's just say I am happy to be settled in. Because there is so much I want to update you on, Im going to try my hardest to keep this post short and sweet!

So I know some of you are wondering why I decided to study abroad in the first place, specifically in Florence, Italy. Well, to be quite honest with you, I woke up from a dream one night with Italy in my head. The following day, I went to the study abroad center, researched a program, and proceeded with making my dream a reality. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not here just shooting the breeze. As strange as it may sound to some, I am here to unveil what ever it is God has planned for me.  Those who know me very well, know that I have a secret passion for fashion (specifically mens wear). A passion that I have been ignoring for a very long time. Ever since I was a kid I would dress my dad and brother. When I got to college I continued my 'dress up' hobby with a few male friend of mine. This January I finally built up the courage to explore this hidden talent of mine.

Salvatore Ferragamo is my favorite designer. He is no longer living but his legacy lives on. His headquarters being in Florence Italy was a huge part of my decision making. (Oh did I mention where I lived, across from the Pitti Palace, literally two minutes away from the Ferragamo head quarters. I give all thanks to God, for me truly knows my heart. ) Now although I don't currently intern there or know anyone that works there, simply being in the midst of such an establishment is enough for me. His story inspires me, and confirms that anything is possible. 

Throughout my journey here, I have three things on my mission list. I want to first learn more about myself before I dive into learning anything else bout anyone else. I want to develop a deeper relationship with God, I feel like I owe that to him for all that he's done for me. Lastly, I want figure out my purpose.

Okay, okay enough with this about me first entry, on with the juicy exciting stuff. I think I'm going to save it for another post though.


Until later,



CIAO BELLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment